Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Not Quite One, Not Quite Two.

(Original Reading- August 5, 2010. Funeral for Angela Ivie)

I went on a hike today, And I couldn't find you, You weren't near, "Mom where are you?"

That's when I heard it, That simple reply, Somehow understood through my Hysterical cries.

I was in the woods, The last place you'd be. I forgot it wasn't you that loved the mountains, Silly- That was me.

You hated the outdoors, And anything with a camper, I can't get enough of that so... How are you my mother?

Your hair is stuck in the 80's, Mom you needed a straightener, The poof was never in- I'm not claiming you, mother.

I can't stand spending money, I'm sorta a penny pincher, We know that's not you, I'm not sure you're my mother.

Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi, Of that you're an avid drinker, I won't get near the stuff, Again, how are you my mother?

McDonalds is gross- Please eat healthier. It's cheap for a reason! Good gracious mother.

Our views on dating, Are less than matching, Somehow I'M the conservative one, You sure you're my mother?

We used to fight a lot, Sometimes still do, I'm right, you're wrong, Still wanna be my mother???

I've eaten the wrong thing, A little nauseous you could say, A weak stomach just like you, OK, maybe I'm your daughter.

Walking through the store, Jewelry, it sparkles and shine, That my friend, can not be passed- Most likely I'm you daughter.

Christmas time and 'Black Friday'- Has always been our favorite, No question on what to get each other, It's been exciting to be your daughter.

In a business setting, You're an outstanding worker, Maybe I got that too? I'm proud to be your daughter.

Living with the demons, That won't seem to leave, You've understood my tears, I need to be your daughter.

Your love to create music Matched mine to tell it's story, It's times like that, It makes sense I'm your daughter.

Walking by your casket- Glancing at your pretty hands, There lies your temple recommend... I'm honored to be your daughter.

I went on this hike- Just trying to find you, You weren't there, "Mom I need you."

I hiked back down, With big mascara tears, How am I going to make it, With out you through the years?

I got back home- In the mirror I saw more of you, Not just the usual me, Cause, now, we're not quite one, yet not quite two.

No comments:

Post a Comment