Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hats.

I have this hat... It's a hat from the late 80's.
It was my grandfathers. . .
Till one day when I was a Jr. in high schoo
l I decided it would be a good idea to bleach my own hair.
Needless to say that didn't turn out well.
Not only did it turn out that my hair looked awful...
that night in a frantic desperate hunt I realized something awful:
I, Hillary Ivie, did not own a single hat.
While it's true, I owned some of the greatest Bennie's you could possibly think of,
I didn't own a single normal hat.
I had never had a bad hair day to the point I needed to cover it up with something.
Let alone a logo'd, off color'd, brimed, thing that made my head hot.

But I needed one that day.

So.

My grandpa gave me one of his old ones.

And to sum up this (back round) story, I love this hat.

I now also own three other hats.
Alright.
ONTO WHY I'M WRITING
A few nights ago I was watching a movie and laughing much harder whenever one character spoke, compared to the others.
Why was that, I wondered.
Why was this character so much funnier,
than the other characters who were cracking just as many jokes.
Then I realized...
he was wearing a hat.
And how not only was HE wearing a hat...
But some of my most favorite characters...
wear hats...
fantastic hats at that.
Even Villains need a good hat
So other than the villain thing, I'm pretty sure due to my exposure of needing a hat to hide a desperately horrid hair do, and how hilarious I thought that situation was in the moment... I believe I'm conditioned to think that:
Hats=Slightly funnier than everyone else.
Because I mean really... if they got so desperate to the point of wearing THAT HAT.... think about how bad what is under that hat is...

No comments:

Post a Comment