Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nostalgia: A Sentimental Yearning for the Happiness of a Former Place or Time.

Work took very "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" approach the other. Favors where being done by me and for me all day. But not a single favor compared to that of T.J.

You see, there is a nurse at work, who, no matter what you do or how you do it, you're doing it wrong. I had no idea I was so incredibly bad at my job till I walked into her room. I eventually got tired of her condescending remarks and looked directly in her eyes, without hiding a single shred of the "say one more thing and I'll consider slapping you" look in my eyes. Needless to say, there could have been a smack down. It would have been epic. But TJ was there to calm me, and even let me walk out of the room... TWICE.

Incredibly grateful towards this act of kindness, and flat out charity, I turned to him and said "If I could bake, I would bake you something for this. But I can't. So I'm not even going to offer." Completely expecting a "well, it's the thought that counts" response, he looks at me and makes a request.

A blog post. A happy blog post. Something Nostalgic. I asked for clarification, and with every example he gave me it involved school, and my mother. A happy childhood memory. There is only one problem with this request... I'm a terrible "happy" writer. I don't have those adjectives when writing. I do when talking, and I feel as if I have the vibe of a generally pleasant person, but you'd never know by reading anything I've written. So here they are. My attempt at a cheerful blog post. My apologies in advanced for the repeated adjectives, and possible lack of imagery. I will do my best with the task at hand. Also, I have two events I'm going to share. They fullfill both the request of school, and of my mother.

The next two posts, are my something Noastalgic. My Sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time.

No comments:

Post a Comment