Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

On Stage.

I figured something out!
No.. Like... this is HUGE
I figured out something that has potential to save my next relationship.

Ok, background stories first.

Story #1
(not really a story.. just more of a fact)
I love performing.
I always have, 
I love dancing around, singing, and taking on a whole new role of "who" I am.
 I would rather be on stage dancing,
or in front of a camera lip syncing,
Than just about anywhere else at any time.
  I feel most comfortable in my own skin when I'm performing.
(note: if you egg me on at all... I will perform. It's not hard to get me to put on a show)

Story #2
I was eating dinner with a friend (of... 7 years?)
and he sat there and talked about how frustrating it is to be around me because
I can not take a compliment. 
(I got him to admit I've gotten a kabillion times better over the years)
And it's not that I'm bashful when someone compliments me,
I just flat out don't believe them. 
I try.
I want to.
But I don't. 
Or even if I do believe them, I don't think it's anything special.
It's frustrating for everyone involved and I hate it.

So. 
My realization.
The man I marry... will just have to know this about me,
(while I will continue to work on just taking a compliment)
He'll know the way to tell me he thinks I look nice is in a dramatic applause. 
No.
 looking nice = golf clap
looking really good = real clap
Happy to be with me, thinks I have a good personality (er something) = standing ovation. 

People lie when they talk,
but no one lies when they applaud.




1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you like performing! This is really cool! Nice realization. :)

    ReplyDelete