Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dear God

"Dear God- I need to talk to you" I went to Barnes in Noble with a mission. I went to spend money and let go of a snotty comment made to me earlier. I knew i was gonna buy the book "the giver"- which I did- and will talk about in a later blog- but while i was busy waisting i was walking by the Journal section. My favorite section really. I saw this Journal (see picture above). On the cover it simply says "Dear God- I need to talk to you". For some reason that really struck me. I went through a period of time where instead of kneeling in prayer- I would write God Letters. This was a very "wrong" practice and I realize it. But I feel like I needed to do it. I wasn't ready to talk to him. Writing was just easier. The reason this journal struck me is because of the memory of the different ways I start prayers. Most of the time they consist of the good old "Dear Heavenly Father" or "O kind and gracious Heavenly Father". But have you EVER been on your knees and at the end of your rope? The whole world has crumbled around you and everything has a darker shade? I remembered a few prayers- already in tears before saying anything, bowing my head, closing my eyes and whispering- "Dear God- Can we please Talk?"

No comments:

Post a Comment